Kurwig Consulting

My photo
Pleasant Hill, California, United States


I believe having all your papers filed, your books up-to-date and your office efficiently organized is the essential basis for your long-term success.
It creates valuable time and space for you to focus on your business.
Let me help you with that.
I work with local business, sustainable business, social, life-affirming and otherwise conscious entrepreneurs who struggle with their administration and bookkeeping.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Secrets of a Second-Career Intern

by Cary Barbor, Sep. 3

When I left my last magazine job in 2008, it seemed there were exactly zero print publications left worthy to work for. I had devoted 20 years of my career to the magazine industry, but it was no secret that the field was going down the tubes.
Also, If had to edit one more piece on why blueberries are a superfood, there was a good chance I would slide under the desk into a fetal position and never come out. I was burned out and my well of work ideas had run bone dry.
So when a friend told me about the jumpstart she got from her career coach, I went to see him. One of the first exercises he gave me was simply to muse about my job:
Turn off the censor in my head, and make a list of the places I would love to work.
Read more:

No comments:

Post a Comment